Global Net Logistics is searching for a Freight Broker to join our Supply Chain Solutions team.
Duties include managing and developing customer and Carrier relationships and developing freight opportunities with new customers, service and product planning, implementation, delivery, account management, price negotiation, troubleshooting, dispatch, primary in the truckload sector. The successful applicant must be well organized, motivated and possess outstanding customer service skills necessary for inside account management and as well as support to the outside sales force. Must also have the ability to work constructively within a small/tight knit team and develop/promote ideas & present impactful messages to clients, handle stressful situations and deadline pressures well, and plan/carry out responsibilities with minimal direction. The applicant must have and established book of business and/or working knowledge of an existing account base.
- Plan and coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules.
- Work with Shippers, Carriers and Dispatchers to manage the schedules
- Track and report shipment status to customers.
- Manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests and develop new sales strategies to improve business
- Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer concerns and queries professionally.
- Maintain positive and productive relationship with customers.
- Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services.
- Negotiate contract and pricing agreements with carriers.
- Provide special discounts and promotions to customers.
- Contact current and potential customers for new business opportunities and manage those accounts.
- Maintain strong relationship with multiple carriers.
- Ensure that freight paperwork is completed and approved before transportation.
- Maintain freight files and customer receipts for reference purposes.
* Salary - Base plus Commission on both sales and operations.
* Full-time employment with benefits
* Training, Growth and Advancement opportunities within the company
* Professional atmosphere in a motivating environment
* Benefits - Medical, Dental, PTO
* 2 years’ experience in the Transportation / 3PL industry preferred
* Proven track record of developing clients
* Not under a non-compete agreement
* Strong negotiation skills with driven results
* Highly motivated team player with a desire to learn
* Excellent problem solving and time management
* Must be able to multi-task and function in a fast paced environment
Job Type: Full-time