Job Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Reports to: President/ CEO
In Partnership with: Vice-President of Operations
Function: The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of communications for the organization including brand management, marketing, public relations, advertising, and social media. Provides support for all communication channels including traditional media (television/radio) website, newsletter, blog, and social media, as well as graphic design.
Major Tasks: Brand Management, Graphic Design, Marketing, Social Media & Website Management, Chamber Recognition, Member Recognition, Public Relations, Copyeditor, Advertising Partnerships (Directory, Media Board, Kiosk, Map)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Communications/ Brand Management
- Develop, implement and manage Chamber’s Communications Plan.
- Serve as copyeditor for all internal and external communications produced by the Chamber.
- Manage internal print needs (letterhead, envelopes, and business cards).
- Develop and design marketing materials by providing graphic design, as needed.
- Produce Annual Report.
- Ensure that style guide is adhered to for all Chamber marketing and publications.
- Manage video productions for events and marketing purposes.
- Newsletters – Monthly
- Gather, develop and edit materials for Monday Morning e-Newsletter. Upload information to appropriate platform for delivery.
- Gather, develop and edit materials for divisional newsletters (Leadership, Women’s Division, Chamber Foundation and any others as needed).
- Solicit staff for content. Upload information to appropriate platform for delivery.
- Manage annual evaluation and redesign of newsletters, as necessary.
Social Media/ Blog/ Website
- Manage social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, and other adopted platforms. Prepare detailed schedule and manage postings by staff. Coordinate responses to posts and inquiries. Create postings from ribbon cuttings and other key events for Facebook and other social media outlets following each event. Develop standards for language to use when posting different photos/events.
- Manage calendar and create schedule of diverse social media posts based on the variety of Chamber events and activities.
- Create content for Chamber blog. Post on a regular basis regarding current topics, new businesses, other relevant information that members of the Grapevine community will find of interest.
- Oversee content management of website. Coordinate updates, redesign efforts and daily content updates (to be made by staff responsible for that program/event, etc.). Manage vendor relationship.
- Manage newsletter and web advertising opportunities, including scheduling, design, and submissions. Keep master calendar of advertising commitments on the shared drive.
- Coordinate with VP of Operations and sales staff to ensure billing and collections for all ad sales.
- Develop plan to maximize revenue generated from ad sales (i.e. bundled plans, advertise the opportunities on website).
- Maintain current marketing to highlight advertising opportunities with the Chamber. Solicit possible advertisers, when appropriate.
- Create and manage marketing schedule of when submissions are due and when feedback is due from staff.
- Ensure that deadlines are being met and that content for each submission is in the correct “voice”.
- Utilize marketing content submission forms to create marketing for all Chamber programs and events including Golf Classic, Parade of Lights, Festivals, Awards Banquet and other major programs.
- Take and Edit photos from events and programs as they are received (basic editing, cropping, resizing of image).
- Create ads for print trades and other publications as needed.
- Create signage, including signage for Board and investors within Board room and on digital sign in lobby.
- Develop PowerPoint presentation for various programs and projects including monthly luncheons & Awards Banquet.
- Work with Leadership Program Director on the design of invitations for alumni events. Upload information to appropriate platform for delivery or submit to appropriate vendor.
- Develop detailed plan to create and release timely press releases throughout the year through all media outlets including social media and traditional media including newspaper, radio & television.
- Create press releases for all major events, programs and initiatives with input from appropriate staff. Submit releases to all media outlets.
- Compile press clippings and media reports to be shared with Chamber leadership.
- Manage media for major events, including issuing press release, follow up to inquire about coverage, and issuing media passes if needed.
- Create weekly and/or monthly column to be used in local publication to highlight Chamber. Draft messaging for President’s or Chair’s review.
- Develop system to recognize members who have received rewards or recognition. Coordinate method to communicate message of congratulations to member (letter from President, FB post, etc.).
- Manage annual awards process with TCCE and ACCE, as well as seek out opportunities for other recognition.
Membership Directory/ Relocation Guide/ Map
- Coordinate, design and produce annual directory project through InDesign.
- Coordinate community map with assistance from third party vendor for contract advertising sales.
- Manage all content updates, membership verification process, vendor contact and responsibilities, and distribution.
- Maintain advertising sales calendar so that projects are timed properly.
- Manage kiosk in lobby.
- Develop policies and procedures, as needed, related to communications standards.
- All other responsibilities as assigned by the CEO.
- Answer phone as first response with a customer service attitude.
- Greet visitors and direct as needed.
- Work with membership on assistance in maintaining their own data through ChamberMaster.
- Update membership data as received.
- Keep registration of events through ChamberMaster.
- Coordinate the New Member Breakfast.
- Work with sales staff on ribbon cuttings, providing photography and needed items such as plaques.
- Sign and maintain Certificate of Origin documents.
- Collect mail and distribute as appropriate.
- Keep initial check log for those received in password protected excel format, stamping each check. Provide checks & check log to VP of Operations, with a copy of the check log to CEO.
- Works with concession trailer and volunteers during the two festivals, with a minimum of two half day shifts for each as a staff member working with the volunteers and a board supervisor.
The Grapevine Chamber has a staff of six, with a business membership of over 1,100. It is imperative that each staff member works as a team, with a positive attitude and a willingness to pull together on events, activities and operations. Professionalism within phone etiquette, production of documents, greeting visitors and overall activities is a priority, while at the same time, enjoying the opportunity to work with an amazing business climate and community.
Besides two Business After Hours mixers a month, ribbon cuttings and four major events, the chamber office is open Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Staff is expected to coordinate with each other to have the office open during those hours and calls to be answered.
Salary is dependent upon experience. Limited benefits, but great hours and fun environment for the right individual.