Do you want to write your own paycheck?
As a Sales Account Executive at Community Impact Newspaper How much you make is up to you! We believe we have a great product and we offer a variety of different ways our clients can advertise with us. The rest is up to you! Get as many contracts signed as you want. There is no cap and no limit to what you can earn and, with an ace product like Community Impact Newspaper, who wouldn’t want to buy?
Do you want to make a difference?
At Community Impact Newspaper, our Sales Account Executives are mission-focused and sell “The CI Way.” Our goal is to help local businesses thrive by building lasting relationships with business owners and community members.
Do you want to have a more flexible schedule?
We understand that the only way to be successful in this role is to spend time out in the field with our clients. We encourage you to build a schedule that is suited for the market. Get out there and “cold-call” when you know the business owners are in. We can’t wait to hear your success stories when you get to the office.
If you answered YES to all of those questions, we have THE opportunity for you.
The Sales Account Executive is responsible for developing new business through cold-calling and relationship development, effectively and profitably closing deals in addition to negotiating contracts with executives and business owners. The Sales Account Executive will also conduct meetings and presentations in a professional manner.
Who we are:
Community Impact Newspaper (CI) is Texas’s fastest-growing news organization and the most distributed news source for relevant and useful information at the local level. Our award-winning newspaper now has 22 hyperlocal newspapers and reaches more than 1.7 million Texans.
We hold firmly to the belief that we are here to accomplish something great. We are driven to deliver the best to our readers, our advertisers and to each other. We define excellence as our minimum standard, and we achieve success by looking beyond traditional practices. We are uncompromising in our ethics and values.
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our rapidly growing product revolves around our core mission: to build communities of informed citizens and thriving businesses through the collaboration of a passionate team.
Working here can be a life-changing experience. We work hard and play hard - it’s intense, challenging and exhilarating. And that is exactly what makes being an Impacter so much fun!
- Ensure weekly in-paper and web sales objectives are achieved or exceeded
- Developing new business through cold-calling and relationship development
- Effectively and profitably closing deals
- Negotiating contracts with executives and business owners
- Conducting meetings and presentations in a professional manner
The right fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing or related field
- Prior experience with other print publications a plus
- Ensure that payment policy is upheld and delinquent payments are followed-up with
- Adhere to Community Impact Newspaper’s Selling the CI Way system and meet monthly objectives
- Provide excellent customer service to each advertiser
- Generate sales for special publications such as Connected and Healthcare Directory
- Maintain accurate records that are easily accessible by team members
- Commit to the highest level of accuracy in all deliverables to clients
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in how and where to promote the company to readers, community leaders, news sources, and the general public