Grapevine Faith Christian School exists to develop and graduate authentic Christian leaders.
The Maintenance Tech supports the mission of our school by performing maintenance on all school property and grounds. The Maintenance Tech fills a crucial role by working with other employees and individually performing routine maintenance, emergency maintenance and preventative maintenance work. The Maintenance Tech will report to the Director of Facilities.
Status: Full-Time (Flexible Hours) / Non-Exempt / Hourly
- Perform maintenance throughout the facility which consists of but not limited to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting and carpentry work.
- Perform minor to major repairs on electrical, plumbing and miscellaneous maintenance requests.
- Perform preventative maintenance daily.
- Perform general maintenance such as painting, construction and minor renovations.
- Maintain and uphold the religious standards of Faith Christian School to include the Lifestyle Statement, Staff Covenant and Statement of Faith.
- Responsible to disciple, instruct and actively pray for the students on our campus.
- Responsible to reinforce a Biblical Worldview in every workplace interaction with both students, staff and faculty.
- Other duties as assigned that are closely related to this position.
- Must possess and model a personal authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must have a high level of discernment and wisdom, and the ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with the President and Board’s expectations, established school policies and procedures, and the school mission and core values.
- Current TX Drivers License and clear driving record.
- 2-3 Years of previous experience in the Maintenance field or a related field.
- Special skills in a trade such as electrical, air conditioning, plumbing, mechanical and/or Energy Management is preferred but not required.
- High School education / GED required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal and relational skills.
- Verbal and written command of the English language.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Ability to read and write clear, concise and complete reports.
Working Conditions and Hazards:
- Activities occur both inside and outside.
- Will stand and walk most of the day.
- Exposure to toxic/chemicals/detergents, extreme conditions of hot and cold, dust/fumes, moving mechanical parts, potential electrical shock, high pitched noises and gaseous risk exposure.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull objects in excess of 50 lbs. with frequent lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of objects weighing 25 lbs. or more.
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, bending, crawling and balancing required.