The firm has an office in Grapevine Texas and Harrisonburg Virginia and is currently comprised of a team including: one Private Wealth Advisor owner and president, two Associate Financial Advisors, two planning assistants, and two officer managers. The firm is fee-based with roughly 280 client households and $175M in client investments. All members of our firm are dedicated to a high level of client service including comprehensive financial planning and personalized investment management. We enjoy a positive, team-focused environment where each person is valued and treated with respect. This position has become available due to continued growth and the need for additional support to continue to offer superior client service.
This position will support both Texas and Virginia operations as outlined below.
- Client Care & Transactions – The Paraplanner will assist in many client meetings, will manage follow up items after client meetings, and answer client questions by providing readily available information. This position will be responsible for completing financial transactions following established processes and guidelines. With training and experience, the individual will develop a level of sophistication to solve and execute complex transactions independently or offer solutions to the advisor if the situation warrants additional guidance.
- Financial Plan Preparation & Investment Analysis Preparation – This individual will work with advisors and clients to gather data, review and refine written financial plans. Responsibilities will increase with mastery of content, and there will be opportunity for this person to conduct portions of client meetings. The Paraplanner will become familiar with the broad array of product alternatives and prepare investment recommendations for advisors to review.
- Practice Marketing Support- The Paraplanner is expected to be at all client marketing events, help coordinate marketing efforts, and help manage social media platforms.
The optimal candidate will excel with client-facing responsibilities, be able to demonstrate service experience, possess strong organizational skills, and be capable of thriving in a multi-task workplace. Strong written/verbal communication skills and a team-oriented mindset are required. Attention to detail and critical thinking are essential traits.
Basic mastery of Office applications such as Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and internet applications is required. Experience with personal financial planning software (NaviPlan, Money Guide Pro, or similar) is a plus.
This role will appeal to someone who wants to:
- develop their career as a valued professional, or
- sharpen their skills in preparation for advancing into a producing advisor after a minimum of 4 years in this position.
Key Traits of a Successful Paraplanner
- Desire to serve clients to the fullest
- Genuine interest in financial planning
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to continually learn and grow
- Strong, determined work ethic
- Attention to detail and organization
- Effective communication with clients, advisors, and peers
- Effective and efficient time management without supervision
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org