Job descriptionPPG: We protect and beautify the world.
Additional Responsibilities Include
- Processing cash and credit transactions through Point of Sale (POS) terminal
- Tinting paint, matching paint and stain colors and making product recommendations to customers; this requires lifting, moving and stocking one and five gallon paint buckets
- Promoting sundry item to compliment paint products
- Occasionally may be called on to deliver product to a customer
- Maintaining an understanding of local market, operations based selling and customer base
- Maintaining a neat and orderly store, keeping interior and exterior functional, safe and attractive
- Abiding by all company policies and procedures and maintaining safe and ethical working environment
Additional Requirements Of The Entry Level Role Include
- 1 to 2 years of retail sales experience
- Working knowledge of store operations
- Broad knowledge of the application and use of paint and sundries
- Ability to work flexible retail hours with varied shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. infrequently and 40 – 60 pounds routinely
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why Join Us
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Our Retail Sales Associates (part-time) are responsible for providing exceptional customer service by developing relationships with our regular paint contractors and new customers by offering timely and friendly customer service.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: